
The most exciting event this past week was the 18 week ultrasound. We got a detailed looked at every single part of Awesome and Booyah's bodies (except for their genitals, ha!). We did stick with our decision to not find out the gender and covered our eyes when Meredith was in that region.
Currently, Awesome is still more on the right, head-down in my pelvis, weighing in at a massive 9 ounces. Booyah is lying across my tummy, head to the right, weighing in at a whopping 8 ounces. Their growth is concordant and appropriate for dates and they look great!
Because of Booyah's more accessible position, he/she gets a little more camera time, and is in the top and bottom pictures. We tried a couple of 3D photos, but I am not really a fan because they are taken over time and therefore come out pretty distorted because the babies don't like to sit still. On a funny note, you can see Awesome kicking Booyah in the head in the top picture.
Outside of the ultrasound, not too much has been going on with regard to the pregnancy. I got my energy back, so I am feeling great, but my rotation is showing me that I just don't have the stamina that I used to. But do not worry, all of the residents and doctors are very excited about the pregnancy, rub my tummy all the time, and insist that I sit down frequently and eat regularly, so the twins are being well cared for. I can't describe how great it is to be back at WakeMed, in the OB/GYN department, working side-by-side with the very doctors that are caring for us now and will deliver us in a few months. I just have to constantly remind myself that while I do see a lot of tragedy, there are a lot more pregnancies that progress without a problem.
In the pipeline: Another ultrasound at 24 weeks and a regular OB appointment the last week of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment