May 19, 2010: 11 Weeks Pregnant

There really isn't too much to share this week. Thanks to everyone that has emailed me helpful advice and tips. I really appreciate it!

I am not sure how this week is going. Some days I feel like my appetite is back and I am ravenous, and other days a bite too much or not eating frequently enough can have me feeling not so good. Additionally, some days I feel like my energy is coming back, and other days I can barely keep my eyes open and sleep for 11 hours. Otherwise, I have no complaints and I am chugging along with life as usual.

I do have one funny story: As some of you may know, I have always battled with constipation. Anyway, in an effort to prevent this from being a major issue during pregnancy, I have been really aggressive with fiber and stool softeners. Well, I recently got the brilliant idea to try prune juice. I figured a glass a day would be easy enough and work miracles. Wow, was I mistaken!!! When I opened the bottle, I first noticed that the juice was brown and thick. As I poured it into the cup, it was coating the sides. The smell was also less than appetizing. I finally manged to choke down one glass while Tim laughed his tail off, and my stomach immediately let me know that it didn't agree with the prune juice either. Needless to say, at this point, I am only committing to one glass a week until this bottle is gone, and then I will have to reassess the benefits of prune juice compared to the absolutely horrible taste. Yuck!!!

On a different note, I am admittedly less than enthusiastic about putting pictures of my tummy on the internet, but because many of you are experiencing this pregnancy from a distance, I thought it was finally time to introduce the baby bump. So, here it is! Less than impressive at this point, but big enough already to have caused major wardrobe issues. Be on the lookout for photo updates as we continue to grow!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers