Today we had our regular OB appointment. It was pretty uneventful, which is always a good thing. The doctor was really excited that we have made it so far and said that we are now in the clear and the twins can come when they want. Because they are both breech, we went ahead and scheduled the c-section for Tuesday, November 23rd, although he felt that there was a 50/50 chance I would go into labor before then. After we scheduled the c-section, I felt so relieved because I finally have an end date to look forward to, and it's less than a month away!
We decided not to check my cervix, despite my frequent contractions, because even if I have started to dilate, it wouldn't change the plan. For example, if they checked me and found that I was 3cm, there is a chance I could stay that way for the next four weeks. Conversely, if they checked me today and I had not started to dilate at all, that doesn't mean I still couldn't possibly go into labor tomorrow. And because we are in the final stretch, there would be no reason to put me on bedrest or try to prolong the pregnancy, so it doesn't matter what my cervix is doing at this point.
Right now, Tim and I have a gut feeling that the babies are not going to wait until November 23rd. Honestly, neither of us want them to. Tim feels bad for me because I am so big and uncomfortable, and he is ready to meet them. I am tired of being tired, uncomfortable and handicapped by my size, and I am ready to meet the babies also. We joke about them plotting their escape, since they are facing each other. Now we are both just trying to be patient and accept that they will come when they are ready.
The Parent-Baby Connections class was great! It was set up in stations that we could work through at our own pace, which was nice. Some of the stations included changing diapers, bathing the baby, ideas to soothe the baby, breast and bottle feeding, signs of illness and what to do, time management, remembering to nurture the marriage, parenting styles, etc. We definitely are glad we took that class. We both learned some things, it sparked some great conversation between us, it gave us some things to think about and we also got a little bit of a reality check.
I guess that's all for now! Should we still be pregnant next week, be on the lookout for another blog entry and some pictures.
Let the countdown begin!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG!!! SO exciting. I cannot wait to learn the sexes of the babies, I can't believe you've actually waited the entire pregnancy, ha!
ReplyDelete