November 10, 2010: 36 Weeks Pregnant


I finally used my prenatal massage from Tolu, Kat and Tasha (thanks again, ladies!) and it was absolutely amazing! It was exactly what I needed, at just the right time!

Tim and I have been quite busy making all of the final arrangements in preparation for Awesome and Booyah's homecoming. The house is ready and we have everything we need to get started, both of our bags are packed for the hospital, we have worked out our game plan, should I go in to labor, and have picked our pediatrician. Now we can both relax and (patiently) await their arrival.

As many of you know, I have been pretty miserable for the past couple of weeks. My feet, ankles and lower legs are so swollen that I am constantly in pain, have difficulty walking and can barely squeeze my feet into a pair of shoes, and elevating my feet doesn't seem to help. The twins have started to drop, so I have pretty significant pelvic pain and I barely make it to the bathroom without peeing on myself. I also get lots of random cramps and shooting pains. I continue to be extremely short of breath, have developed reflux, have an abdomen full of painful, itchy stretch marks and don't get much sleep each night due to physical discomfort, insomnia and frequent bathroom trips. Finally, I am really frustrated by my increasing difficulty performing easy tasks like getting in and out of the car, putting on pants and shoes, getting in and out of the bed and getting through my daily tasks. And to top it all off, I feel bad for feeling bad and I hate that Tim feels so helpless. Needless to say, I am sort of a mess these days. (I realize that a lot of this misery is self-inflicted because I am still doing a clinical rotation and continue to try to function as independently and normally as possible, when I really should be listening to Tim when he tells me to "sit down, relax and stop being stubborn.")

In happier news, we had a regular OB appointment today, and it went really well. It was a doctor that I feel really comfortable with, so we were able to have a pretty candid conversation about how I am feeling these days, and she totally understood. Among many other topics, we did discuss some things I could try to kickstart labor, so Tim and I have our bag of tricks ready should we decide to go that route, and she balanced that with a reasonable explanation of the possible benefits of letting nature take its course. She also did the GBS testing and checked my cervix, which is still closed, thick and high. I guess this body was made for childbearing and all of those contractions, combined with a whole lot of baby, aren't doing a single thing!!!!

The twins continue to be quite healthy, happy and active. Because they are so big and there is less amniotic fluid, their movements are extremely noticeable. It's funny to watch a hand, elbow, foot or knee protrude out of my stomach, glide across it and then disappear. I swear they are building something in there and are going to come out with a table, chairs or some other furniture.

Should the twins decide to ignore their eviction notice and my motivational talks, and I remain pregnant, we have a Pets and Babies class this weekend, and our last OB appointment and ultrasound next week.

Enjoy the latest picture and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers