




















I know, I know....I missed the ten month update, but life has been hectic, to say the least. So, here goes my best attempt at a two-month update...
First off, Jessica, our au pair, is no longer with us. We had some differences that we couldn't reconcile so we thought it would be best for everyone to go our separate ways. She is now with a new family in Seattle and we wish her the best. We reconnected with the person who was originally going to be our part-time nanny, Rebecca, and she is going to be our primary childcare, hopefully for a long time. Also, we went and toured the Montessori School of Winston Salem and have added the boys to the database so that they can hopefully start attending next fall. We are extremely excited about it!
Skylar had surgery last month. He had a hypospadias repair and had the curvature in his penis corrected. In a few months, he will have his undescended testicle repaired. He tolerated the surgery extremely well and has had a very smooth recovery.
Camden's constipation seems to have resolved. We went from having to give him lactulose twice daily and suppositories every 48 hours to only having to give him lactulose a few times a week. Now we can hopefully start giving him some iron to correct his anemia but will wait until their next doctor's appointment to confirm that plan.
SkyCam are crawling extremely well now. They get into everything...especially Camden. They also are developing a ton of personality. Camden is definitely more independent, calm, vocal and musical. He likes to go off on his own and figure out how to do things, he loves dancing and he loves banging on his drum. Skylar is very social and feisty. He likes to stay close to people and he likes things his way or no way. He is also working hard to stand up on his own. He stands for a few seconds without holding on to anything, wobbles a little and then falls down. He also likes to push and pull Camden around and climb all over him. Camden deals with it all pretty well so far. They are both over their stranger anxiety now and go to anyone that is a baby lover.
As for food, SkyCam continue to expand their palates. We still make all of their food and they now eat food five times each day and have bottles mixed in. They have eaten a wider variety of food than both Tim and I combined! So far, the only things they really don't seem to care for are plain carrots and broccoli, so we have to sneak those in with other foods :-) They also are doing very well with finger foods now that their pincer grip is better. We still try to keep everything as healthy as possible.
SkyCam and I traveled to Denver this past week and it was a great trip! They were absolutely amazing on the plane rides there and back. Luckily, we got lots of help from strangers who felt bad for me traveling by myself with twins. They slept most of the flights, interacted appropriately with all the strangers and didn't cry or whine at all. I was completely surprised and impressed by their great behavior. In Denver, it was great to see them spend time with the family. It is times like those that make me sad that we don't live closer and that they don't get to see their extended family more often. But for now, this is our situation, so we have to deal with it as best we can.
SkyCam and I went to Raleigh and and had a great day with Kendra at Marbles and eating at a great restaurant. They were a little too young to fully enjoy all of the activities there, but it was a great time. Tim and I also took them to the Children's Museum in Greensboro. Again, they were a tad too young to fully enjoy it, but it was a great time. Those are definitely two places we will have to continue to visit as they get older!
We finally bought a second crib because we decided it's time to split SkyCam up at night. This is the second night of them being separated. Last night, they both cried for a few minutes but then fell asleep. Tonight, Skylar cried for a few minutes but then fell asleep. It is really sad to split them up since they obviously like to be close to each other, but we know that it was inevitable and the best thing to do for them. I am sure it will get easier with time. They also have upgraded to their new big boy car seats and their new big boy stroller.
Well, I am sure I have forgotten a lot of stuff, but this is plenty for now. I will do my best to stay on top of the updates now. Next up we have Halloween and SkyCam's 1st Birthday!!! I will be sure to take lots of pictures!!!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment