Happy 14 Months



(I apologize for the pictures this month. I haven't really been around to take many and when I did try, the boys were less than cooperative)

Each month continues to be full of exciting changes and growth for the boys. This month, our major accomplishments have been getting rid of the pacifiers and learning how to drink from a straw.

They are both getting a lot more comfortable walking and are starting to pick up speed and carry objects. One of our favorite games is "chase." The boys love when I chase them around the living and dining room. They even stop and look back to make sure I am chasing them. They also both like to walk around the table and give me a hug, then walk back around the table and come give me another hug.

Skylar continues to test the boundaries. We have been more firm with him about setting limits and he has decided that he wants to test those limits regularly. The funniest, and most clever example of this is when it comes to dirty diapers and the diaper caddy. He knows that he is not allowed to touch the diaper caddy and he knows that dirty diapers are "yucky", so instead of directly touching them, he will drop a piece of clothing or a toy on top of them and then pick up the toy/clothes, staring at you the entire time. He also likes to scoot really close to the forbidden item and touch it with his foot or knee and see if you notice.

Camden continues to be a people-pleaser. He only wants to do those things that earn him applause or praises of "Yayyyyy!!!" He occasionally does something that he shouldn't and cries hysterically when you tell him "no." If you watch him closely though, you will occasionally catch our little angel smacking Skylar in the face when Skylar tries to take a toy away from him. He is slowly learning how to stand up for himself instead of cry every time Skylar does something to him. (Of course we don't condone hitting, but the two of them have got to learn how to work out their issues because we can't be there to monitor everything all of the time)

They both continue to become more talkative. Skylar is more expressive and likes to have frequent conversations intermixed with bouts of screaming and grunting. He also likes to read along when I read them stories at night. Camden likes to repeat the same sound over and over again, and also likes making sound effects. His communication is less conversational than Skylar's but equally entertaining. He likes to turn the pages as I read and touch the pictures. He also likes to hold the fake telephone up to his ear and have a conversation with me.

They both have become quite clingy lately. When I get home in the evenings, I spend my short amount of time with them with one insisting on sitting in my lap or on my leg and the other one trying to crawl into my arms or holding on tightly to my shirt. They also whine if I walk away. I think we are entering another period of separation anxiety, but it should go away by their second birthday.

I guess that's plenty for now. I will try to take more pictures for next month. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers