Both Tim and I barely survived the last 24 hours. We both wanted to celebrate, but also didn't want to set ourselves up for major disappointment. He said that there was no way he could wait another 24 hours for me to retest so we decided to go ahead and do it again this morning. Totally unsure of what to expect, I tested again and the test was...
a little darker than yesterday, but still not "strongly positive"
Totally unsure of how to react, I took the test downstairs and showed it to Tim. We both agreed that it was darker than yesterday, but were still afraid to fully believe in it. We decided that it was time for me to go ahead and call the doctor to go in for my first blood test.
Later that morning, I went to the doctor's office and had blood drawn for HCG and progesterone levels. They told me they would call me back with the results later in the afternoon. I obsessively checked my phone for the next few hours until they finally called.
"Hi, Nickole. This is Michelle, one of the nurses, calling you with your results from this morning. These are the phone calls I really like to have a person to talk to because you're pregnant! Your HCG is 659 and your progesterone is great. That's exactly what we want to see. If you will call the office and schedule another blood check for Monday or Tuesday we want to see those numbers going up. See you then, have a great weekend and congratulations!"
I called Tim to tell him the good news and the plan. We both allowed ourselves to feel a little more relief and excitement, but he could tell that I was still holding back, so he did too. Despite my greatest efforts to just relax and enjoy the good news, all I could do was think about the next blood test and hope for more reassuring news.
No comments:
Post a Comment