April 7, 2010: 5 Weeks Pregnant

While it is still very early, I have already experienced some pretty annoying symptoms. Since about day 26, my new companions have been indigestion, heartburn, frequent urination and constipation. After every meal, my stomach is a little upset. On most nights, I get twinges of heartburn just before I fall asleep. All day and all night, my bladder lets me know that I MUST pee every 2-3 hours. Who knew that my sleepless nights would start so early? And bowel movements?!?! My body has completely forgotten how to make those happen naturally and regularly, despite my greatest efforts.

I fully expect that some of these symptoms will get worse as the pregnancy progresses, but I also hope that others will go away or I will find a way to manage them better.

There are some other symptoms that I experience more intermittently. I occasionally feel some mild tightness, pulling and cramping in my pelvis. While I actually welcome these "growing pains", it has made it difficult to sleep sometimes. My mood has truly been erratic. I can go from excited and happy to extremely annoyed in seconds, with little provocation. So far, there have been no victims, because I realize how irrational it is, but I apologize in advance for any collateral damage. Finally, my nose has been on the fritz and every single smell is amplified, almost to the point of repulsion.

While I do feel extremely bloated, I have not gained any weight and my clothes still fit the same. Which is what I hope will be the case for as long as possible.

Nothing else is really going on right now. We just continue to look forward to the ultrasound and celebrate each day we progress in this pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers